- Sibyl -
Sibyl was a play written by Trip Venturella and directed by Alan Patrick Kenny about members of an organization dealing in looking into minds search for a missing coworker. It ran as part of the 25th Annual Playwrights' Festival in April 2019 at Ohio University.
The play was written with projection in mind and I was brought on as Assistant Projection Designer, working with Owen Lowery.
Using Scenic Designer Nathan Arnold's blueprints of the stage and paper models from design meetings, I created a 3D model of the set in Maya. Owen and I brought it into TouchDesigner, which allowed us to test and demo our ideas for the space even before the set was built. Our view of the stage was limited, so this setup plus the custom user interface allowed us to adjust projections as needed.
Video + Gallery
Below is the documentation video created by Owen Lowery:
Technology + Mediums Used
Shown at the Following...
Credits and Special Thanks
- Les.........Nick Wilson
- Dixi........Manda Neal
- Professor...Zach Brueneman
- Sibyl.......Abby McNulty
- Hank........Seth Eggenschwiller
- Nathan Arnold, Scenic Designer
- Grace Bunt, Costume Designer
- Howard Leuthold, Lighting Director
- Owen Lowery, Projection Designer
- Daniel C. Dennis, Sound Designer
- Raine DeDominici, Stage Manager
- Grayson Basina, Technical Director
- Cass Huscher, Costume Shop Manager
- Stephanie Kesterson, Assistant Scenic Designer
- Hope Moore, Assistant Projection Designer
- Julianna Simons, Assistant Stage Manager
- Emma Havranek, Master Electrician
- Supported by
- the Game Research and Immersive Design (GRID) Lab
- and the MFA in Communication Media Arts program.
- Gallery photos by Lauren Meltzer and Riley Perone.